being informed

Chris Trask ctrask at PRIMENET.COM
Wed Dec 1 19:26:35 EST 1999

        Right on!  I was able to find the sets of crystals for my SB-401
by way of a unit that was being parted out.  Just as with older airplanes
and cars, we keep them running by making use of "parts birds", no matter
where they are found.

Chris

On Sun, 28 Nov 1999, Chuck K3FT wrote:

> Good Grief!
>
> Such a tempest in a teapot and much ado about nothing.  We should, instead, be thankful
> we have such a place as this reflector to feed our Heath-addictions. If someone cares
> enough to let us know that Heath parts/pieces/equipment is available other places, that
> is great. Who knows? YOU may just be looking for a 'vintage SB102 front panel with an
> intact LMO faceplate' for YOUR rig, or perhaps for a buddy and the xXxx (I guess that's
> eBay, but I didn't know eBay was considered a cuss word! ;-) has it.
>
> IF you don't like the listing simply hit the 'skip' or 'delete' key and move on.
> Personally, I like knowing what's out there. I've gotten good deals on eBay and I've
> gotten good deals on this reflector. Conversly, I've had problems on both as well.
> Caveat Emptor!  Just remember. one man's junque is another man's treasure. Live and let
> live. You'll live longer, enjoy your avocations more and spend less time fuming and more
> time playing with Heathkits - in whatever fashion they may exist in!
>
> 73
>
> Chuck K3FT
>
> Not one of the Hams at Heath, but sure would have loved to have been one!  Talk about
> being thrown in the briar patch! HEH
>
> Sponsored by the City of Tempe
>
> Listserver Submissions:  heath at listserv.tempe.gov

     ,----------------------.       High Performance Mixers and
    /    What's all this     \    Amplifiers for RF Communications
   / extinct stuff, anyhow?  /
   \  _______,--------------'           Chris Trask / N7ZWY
  _ |/                                  Principal Engineer
 oo\                                  Sonoran Radio Research
(__)\       _                             P.O. Box 25240
  \  \    .'  `.                     Tempe, Arizona 85285-5240
    \  '"        \                        Technical Editor,
     .       (  ) \                         QRP Quarterly
      '-| )__| :.  \                        QRP ARCI 9464
       c__; c__;  '-..'>.__         Email:  ctrask at primenet.com
                                  http://www.primenet.com/~ctrask

                       Graphics by Loek Frederiks

Sponsored by the City of Tempe