cleaning the boards

Bob Wier wier at CALCITE.ROCKY.EDU
Wed Dec 15 15:19:26 EST 1999

>I am pretty sure that "Everclear" which is available at your local
>liquor store, is pure 200 proof alcohol. The last government contractor

Actually it's 190, (95%) I believe. I use it periodically to disinfect
my humming bird feeders too. You're supposed to clean them throughly
as mold/etc tends to accumulate which may be toxic to the little
critters, but you can't use drugstore akly as it's poisonious. So
I just started using it from the liquor store.

On the other hand, the *do* look at me kind of strangely when
I tell 'em it's for my hummingbirds. However, it might make 'em
drunk if I don't get it completely rinsed out, but it won't kill 'em.

73's de WB5KXH

--Bob Wier

wier at calcite.rocky.edu

Sponsored by the City of Tempe