Transistor/Transducer

Robert Norgard rnorgard at GCI.NET
Sat Dec 18 16:09:05 EST 1999

On Sat, 18 Dec 1999, you wrote:
> Respectfully request from those knowledgeable on such matters info on where
> to find a source for:
>
> The DTS409 Transistor (Heath 417-814). The ECG388 & NTE388 "equivalents" are
> not. The lighter gauge metal in their cases and their weight imply they are
> not equivalent ito the DTS409 in their power ratings.

I don't have my book handy, but double check the ratings in the
EGC catalog.  If it specs out correctly, it probably is.  Newer
versions don't always look excatly the same.  Just make sure of
the pin-out.

 > A 2" Dia."Lead-Titanate-Zirconate-Transducer". Quotes enclose the only >
description Heath published on the transducer which they had
attached > (epoxyed) to the tank. >

For this item, try searching the Thomas Register.  It's free.
Look up the url http://www.thomasregister.com
Long ago, I found them at Fair Radio Sales, but that's a long
shot.

 > Mylar type capacitors...I find NONE listed in Newark's #117
catalog. Are they > victims of the EPA? What is best substitute?

I think that Sprague "Orange Drop" caps are mylar.

>  > All items are from the Heath GD-1151 Ultra Sonic Cleaner.

73, & Merry Christmas...

Bob - KL7FM
www.home.gci.net/~rnorgard

Sponsored by the City of Tempe