More viruses being sent directly to list users

Steve Harrison ko0u at OS.COM
Sun Dec 19 20:21:53 EST 1999

At 07:43 PM 1999-12-19 -0500, Dan Ferguson wrote:
>Yes, I also got the HOG.EXE file, also in an email forged to make it look
>like it came from myself, with a subject the same as something I posted
>recently to the R-390 list.  And McAfee Virus Scan did NOT identify it as
>infected.  I still didn't open it.

I'm still poring through the McAfee site but so far, see no indication that
they are protecting against this series of worms. The Symantec site, of
course, does mention them all. Maybe I'll change over to the Norton
antivirus stuff.

Interestingly, some months ago, a good friend of mine forwarded me a copy
of saddam.exe. It was a very entertaining animated cartoon and as far as I
could tell, only that. Maybe it left something in my system that's gonna
blow up soon, though.

The same friend sent me g_zilla.exe about a month ago. It was an animation
cartoon about po lil Billy Gates being chased around by the Govmint Gorilla
(come to think of it, I received it the day after the federal judge decided
that Microshaft was, indeed, engaged in monopolistic practices, whenever
that was). Guess I'd better delete both it and saddam.exe (although the
horse(s) is(are) probably already out of the barn by now.... ;o(((

73, Steve K0XP

Sponsored by the City of Tempe

Listserver Submissions:  heath at listserv.tempe.gov