hw-101 cw (part 2)

George T. Baker w5yr at WORLDNET.ATT.NET
Sun Dec 19 20:29:00 EST 1999

If you know the individual parts values, just cob up a replacement out of
discrete parts.

72/73, George
Fairview, TX   30 mi NE Dallas in Collin county
Amateur Radio W5YR, in the 54th year and it just keeps getting better!
R/C since 1964 - AMA 98452   RVing since 1972

n7kbj wrote:

> Part 2:  with the help of several who replied to my first post, I found
> several
> resistors that had gone out of spec - replaced them and some electrolytic
> caps
> (on general principles) and good news - the rig now works much better on cw
> than it did - when it works.  It appears to be a 'thermal' problem as cw
> works
> fine when the rig is first turned on - after 1/2 hour warm-up, kapoot.
> Tracing
> the tone thru V15 (the tone osc and amp) I find I'm losing it right at the
> input
> (pin 9) - either no tone or it slooowly builds over about 5 seconds.
> So - my next question:  I'm begining to suspect the 'PEC' that forms part of
> the
> osc as everything else in the osc circuit either checks out or has been
> replaced.
> Can one 'breadboard' together a substitute for the pec and have it work ok??
> or is there a replacement source for the pec?
>
> Jim - n7kbj at oneimage.com

Sponsored by the City of Tempe

Listserver Submissions:  heath at listserv.tempe.gov