HW-16 HUM Problem - Fix

Ed Richards k6uuz at JUNO.COM
Fri Dec 24 08:31:25 EST 1999

Mark;
Glad you are happy now. It should not be necessary to modify the circuit
to correct the problem. Sounds like you may have a ground loop. Try
disconnecting all grounds and connections to other equipment  (antenna,
tuner, VFO, etc. If you have a 3 wire power cord on it, use a
ground-breaker and have it sitting on an insulated surface , isolated
from everything else. If the hum goes away you have a ground loop. If it
persists, you have a broke radio. Good luck and Merry Christmas.
Ed Richards

Listserver Submissions:  heath at listserv.tempe.gov