WTB Globe King 500 B or C

wa1vwl wa1vwl at GROLEN.COM
Sat Dec 25 09:24:32 EST 1999

What a great guy! That reminds me of the time I bought a DX-100 for one
dollar. What happened was an old engineer was gonna use it as a frequency
source to drive a new kind of light. The project went south and the rig was
put in storage for many years. I saw it in the company shed and asked if I
could buy it. The General Manager told me to make him a check for a dollar
and that was it!

Happy Holidays DE W1ID

-----Original Message-----
From: Heathkit Owners and Collectors List
[mailto:HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV]On Behalf Of James D. Mayfield
Sent: Sunday, December 05, 1999 9:08 AM
To: HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV
Subject: WTB Globe King 500 B or C

You guys won't believe it. At work today I was talking to my Boss (great
guy) I told him that I was looking for a Globe King 500b or c model, but I
told him that I really did not have all the funds needed to buy it. So if
just went over to the check book and asked my how much? I gave him the
figure and he wrote out the check, and then said merry christmas...

So I am looking for a nice Globe King 500C or B. I sure don't want to ship
it so that means driving. I am in Moline Illinois, about 160 miles SW of
Chicago. I guess I would drive many hours to get one. So if you have one
please drop me a line, and lets talk...

By the way did I tell you, that I am the Boss at work....

73 Dave W9WRL

Listserver Submissions:  heath at listserv.tempe.gov
'name' 'call'"

Listserver Submissions:  heath at listserv.tempe.gov