power cord quest

Edward B Richards k6uuz at JUNO.COM
Tue Jan 19 12:42:58 EST 1999

Hi all;
I use female Molex connector pins soldered to a power cable and put
shrink tubing over each pin. It is not pretty but safe and effective and
does not modify the radio in any way. Just be certain to get the safety
ground (green) wire to the correct pin (the center one, I believe).  When
you find the correct cord just pull the temporary one off; no damage!
On the 401 "heavy" cord, the SB-401 is fused at 4 amps The  ARRL 1996
handbook, page 24.8 rates # 18  (common lamp cord) for 16 amps in open
air or 10 amp in bundles. More than adequate. Regards,
Ed Richards

To subscribe: listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
To unsubscribe:  listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
and in body: signoff HEATH