SB102 Receive Audio Quality

Carl Hyde cshyde at YAHOO.COM
Thu Jun 3 10:00:23 EDT 1999

A few days ago I missed a thread that started with
someone offering some 6HS6 tubes for sale.
Unfortunately I missed the sale however the seller
said they would improve the reception and audio of the
SB tranceivers. What we need to know is what tubes
they are substituted for in the SB series and if we
knew that we would both have the answer to the same
problem.  So if someone could help john and me out by
explaining to us what tubes are the 6HS6 substitutes
for we would both apreciate it.

--- John Garko <Jgarko at AOL.COM> wrote:
> Hi all green people...As I bring my SB102 to life
> the quality of the receive
> audio is just not there.  Definitely readable be not
> crisp. Especially on
> strong signals. Any thoughts? Any one with a similar
> experience?
> Thanks in advance,
> John
> WA4KWK
>
> Sponsored by the City of Tempe
>
> Listserver Submissions:  heath at listserv.tempe.gov
> - "subscribe heath 'name' 'call'"
> Listserver Unsubscribe: listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
> - -"signoff heath"

===
Carl S.HYDE
W2CSH

Politics: From the Greek word Poli, meaning many and
the word tics, meaning blood sucking parasites.

"No man is safe while the congress is in session" (Will Rogers)

Listserver Submissions:  heath at listserv.tempe.gov