salutations

Carl Hyde cshyde at YAHOO.COM
Mon Jun 14 08:53:01 EDT 1999

Please DO refer to any of us Heath afficianados as
Heathens.  We like the term a lot.  Its like we are
the hell's angels of radio collecting.  Its much
better than being a Collins afficianado where they
refer to everyone as "Tom". What sounds better "Hey do
any of you Toms out there have a spinner knob for a
KWM-2?" or
"Hey any of you Heathens out there have a spinner knob
for an SB-102?"  Of course "HalliHead" is pretty cool
for Hallicrafters guys and "HammarHeads" for
Hammarlund collectors makes them sound kind of dumb.
And then you have "Nationalists" for National
collectors which sounds subversive.  And we can't
leave out "BunnieLovers" for Johnson collectors,
sounds kind of kinky to me. So I would rather proudly
be known as a Heathen and you can stick your political
correctness where the sun don't shine. Sorry just
being a HEATHEN.

--- Multi-Volti Devices <multi-volti at SOFTHOUSE.COM>
wrote:
> No offense...but the term Heathens came from
> ex-Heath employees among
> us...that was something they referred to themselves
> as at Heath, although
> the honorary title was bestowed upon me only after I
> was laid off...I didn't
> know about it while I was there, probably the
> original Heathens had
> disappeared.
>
> Murray

===
Carl S.HYDE
W2CSH

Politics: From the Greek word Poli, meaning many and
the word tics, meaning blood sucking parasites.

"No man is safe while the congress is in session" (Will Rogers)

Listserver Submissions:  heath at listserv.tempe.gov