FF: GR-271 Color TV

Christian Fandt cfandt at NETSYNC.NET
Wed Jun 16 13:47:47 EDT 1999

Hi Heath gang!

'FF' above means For Free!

I have a model GR-271 color TV with all manuals and a few accessories for
the taking. Our old house has sold and I cannot take the set with me to the
new house here. No space for all of my stuff. (The wife didn't like the
idea of putting it and a few boatanchors in the bedroom :(

Oh well, so it must go to a good home. I'm presently paying for storage for
it and several other rather worthwhile late 40's TV's and can't really
afford that too much longer. Come an' get it as I don't feel too
comfortable with having to scrap it.

It was given to me about 1992 by my ex-boss. It has not been operated
since. I just had it on the shelf as a restoration project whenever one of
those elusive Round Tuits appeared and dropped onto it. (I could use a
whole pile of 'em.) Meanwhile, the wife and I go out and buy another house
in early 1998 and I have not as much room for the collecton. Go figure.

I recall it was assembled around 1974. My boss was living in the area from
mid-'74 to late '75 working as an EE at our company.

It had been built here in Jamestown, moved to Peoria, Illinois and then
back here in '92 to give to me when he came back to work at the company. It
was stored in the barn at the farm in Peoria for several years so there's a
bit of dampness damage. But the set is complete. Seems I recall the CRT was
getting somewhat weak when I checked it when brought to me.

First shows up in the 1971 Heath catalog.

I cannot really ship it as you know it's rather hefty but it could be if it
must. Cost won't be too cheap. Therefore, best way is to come here and pick
it up. Or have someone else come by and fetch it on their way towards you.
Or if it comes to it, my wife and I could put it into the Jeep and meet you
halfway up to 100 or so miles on some weekend. If we need to meet halfway
or something, could you please chip-in a bit for gasoline? I could use it
as I'm presently jobless. I'm easily negotiable :)

Come and get it!

Regards,  Chris
-- --
Christian Fandt,         Electronic/Electrical Historian
Jamestown, NY  USA      cfandt at netsync.net
Member of Antique Wireless Association
             Check our redesigned website!

Sponsored by the City of Tempe