Faceplate Cleaning

Dean Milner wdmilner at NS.SYMPATICO.CA
Sat Jun 19 17:02:43 EDT 1999

At 12:17 99-06-19 -0500, you wrote:
>Please post your responses, as I am needing to clean the front panel, and
>cabinet on a nice SB-313 I picked up.  It is nearly perfect, but dingy and
>REEKS of old cigarette smoke, so know I will have to clean it to be able to
>stand it, hi.  Still looking for a manual copy for the 313 also (at least
>operation, alignment, maintenance/schematic sections).

I have found two products to be excellent in cleaning up equipment. On is a
cleaner called "Spray-Nine". It is very good at removing stains and tobacco
smoke residue. A newer product called "Goo Gone" is fantastic for removing
stains and adhesive residues. The surface will feel a little "slick"
immediately after using SprayNine but this will disappear once fully dry.

73, Dean

Dean Milner,  VE1CBF
ve1cbf at rac.ca
http://www.qsl.net/ve1cbf