heathens: We sound like a group of Nurds! Huh

Carl Hyde cshyde at YAHOO.COM
Mon Jun 21 09:13:52 EDT 1999

OK lets take a look at the characteristics of the
average HAM.

In elementary school we got beat up on the playground
a lot because we knew all the answers in class.

In junior high school we couldn't do more than two
pushups but we re-wired the school PA system to pick
up classical music.

We probably belonged to the Audio-Visual club.

Girls ignored us or made gross faces if our name was
mentioned.

We saw Star Wars at least 14 times.

In high school we could only get dates with the fat
girls and then only once.

We drove a volkswagon bug or a Rambler station wagon
to school.

In college we avoided getting within 500 yards of the
Athletic Dorm under fear of death.

We looked at the only female engineering student like
she was a space alien.

Our idea of a great saturday night was programming an
Altair computer the hard way, with the switches.

After college we got that first job and spent the
first paycheck on a nice Hewlett Packard scientific
calculator.

We didn't get another date until we were 29 and then
only after we moved out of our parents house.  Most
likely our Mom made us go out with her.

We thought that microsoft guy might have something
there and bought some stock.

We finally married a really beautiful girl.

AND at our 15 year class reunion, the chearleaders
were all fat with 8 kids, the jocks were fat AND bald
and working for sanitation companies, WE had cool cars
and cool wives and suddenly we looked pretty good
compared to everyone else!

So I'm proud that I was a nerd and you all should be
too.

--- Marty Wb2Fou <Wb2fou at AOL.COM> wrote:
> when some of you use the term heathens  you sound
> like group of nurds .
>
>                 marty wb2fou
>
> Sponsored by the City of Tempe
>
> Listserver Submissions:  heath at listserv.tempe.gov
> - "subscribe heath 'name' 'call'"
> Listserver Unsubscribe: listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
> - -"signoff heath"

===
Carl S.HYDE
W2CSH

Politics: From the Greek word Poli, meaning many and
the word tics, meaning blood sucking parasites.

"No man is safe while the congress is in session" (Will Rogers)

Listserver Submissions:  heath at listserv.tempe.gov