"transistorphonics"

Bill Coleman AA4LR aa4lr at RADIO.ORG
Fri Mar 12 14:04:51 EST 1999

On 3/12/99 9:27 AM, (Domenic M. Mallozzi) at DMallozzi at aol.com wrote:

>Not quite what I would call microphonics but had some problems years ago with
>a similar problem on a radio that had PC boards that made ground connections
>through the screws that mounted the pc boards to the chassis. Removed screws
>than using very fine sandpaper cleaned the surfaces where the chassis and pc
>board ground traces touched. Than reinstalled the screws. Things got back to
>normal.

And this will work great until the surfaces once again corrode to the
point where they aren't making contact.

Instead, I would put a star washer between the PC board surface and the
conductive support. This should provide a gas-tight connection that won't
corrode, at least not as quickly.

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: aa4lr at radio.org
            -- Wilbur Wright, 1901

To subscribe: listserv at listserv.tempe.gov