SB-102 Questions

David Waldroupe dwaldroupe at GREENE.XTN.NET
Mon Mar 22 11:19:06 EST 1999

Hi everybody, I'm new on the listserve. My name is David.  KE4MKO.  I just bought a SB-102 for $90. the receive is great. The transmit is not so good. When I first turn it on, It transmits well for about 5 minutes. I have it hooked up to a dummy load. Then the transmit seems to drop off like something is getting hot or a thermal problem. Do you think that I have some bad tubes?
  Another thing it does is, I noticed that sometimes it will send out a carrier in the LSB and USB mode without speaking into the mic.
  One more thing, with the meter switch in  ALC,  The meter goes to a minus while in recieve.
 I think it will be a good rig if I can work out these problems. I don't have a manual for it yet,  and I need one.
 Thanks for any input you can give me. David  KE4MKO