Regenerative Receivers - Do They Work?

Harvey A. Kader optom at IBM.NET
Wed May 5 00:40:36 EDT 1999

Here is my two cents for what it is worth.

My very first regenerative receiver was a Radio Shack one built from a

kit in the 70's. It was a transistor model. It worked OK, but never

picked up as much as my "real" receivers.

Recently I acquired a Knight Star Roamer. Now this radio really works,

and I am not kidding! It has only four tubes, is regenerative, and has a

very elaborate tuning circuit. It has dial controls for "antenna"(an

antenna trim) and "bandspread". Plus it has AVC and ANL. I am really

impressed with this radio. Although it has only four tubes and is

regenerative, it picks up alot of stations with only a longwire antenna

indoors.

So, the nature of the circuit(in this case extensive tuning controls)

makes a difference, even if its only regenerative.

Harvey A. Kader - http://www.angelfire.com/on/vacuumtubes

To subscribe: listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
To unsubscribe:  listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
and in body: signoff HEATH