HW-16 final amp

Bill Strickland strick at ARCHES.UGA.EDU
Sat Nov 27 17:10:32 EST 1999

On Sat, 27 Nov 1999, Mark S Graalman wrote:

>   This is a pointless question I suppose, but does anyone
> know why Heath used a sweep tube in the final of the HW-16
> rather than a 6146? Has anyone tried installing a 6146 in this
> rig?

One of the mags did a piece on converting to a 6146 final.  I may
have a copy around somewhere. There was also a modification that was
supposed to eliminate the crystal/external VFO and make the transmit
follow the receive freq.  I never tried either mod.

Regards,
Bill

*** Bill Strickland K4DX *** The University of Georgia *** Athens, GA ***
***(Not writing on behalf of the University of Georgia or anyone else)***

Sponsored by the City of Tempe

Listserver Submissions:  heath at listserv.tempe.gov