Daystrom(Heathkit?) DG-294 AM Radio Kit

wier@calcite.rocky.edu wier at CALCITE.ROCKY.EDU
Thu Oct 7 02:37:02 EDT 1999

>That was the beginning of Heath's "French Connection", which lasted until
>Zenith Electronics purchased the company in 1968, and sold it to Groupe
>Bull, another French Corp in 1978 for a 10-fold profit.  The rest was
>"downhill" from there.

I've told this story before, but WTH...

Back in 1989 or so, Honeywell/Bull was on campus recruiting Computer
Science/Engineering students. Since it was clear by then that
the main interest was in computers and not kits, I was rather
torqued, and asked the rep if they were going to rename the
line "Bullkit".

They were not amused :-)

73's de WB5KXH

--Bob Wier