Harbach Softkey

F. V. Encarnacion, Jr. fvencar at NTPLX.NET
Sat Oct 16 07:41:16 EDT 1999

Mark,

Good question. I've never considered that configuration - I use an
SB-200 w/o softkey as part of my nostalgia SB series set-up. I do have a
soft key module on an SB-201 that I use with a Kenwood rig.

I pulled out my files and am looking at the hand-drawn schematic on page
2 of the instructions.  I would say you probably shouldn't key the soft
key with a SB-400/401 or similar rig.  The keyed side components, i.e.,
the diode is rated at 20V, the electrolytic capacitor is rated for 6.3
v, and I don't know if the LED side of the optocoupler could handle it
either,

I've got an outboard DSP unit that requires PTT.  I  really do not need
the soft key as I use a 6V (low current coil) relay with DPST contacts
to "key" the linear and the DSP unit.  I use a common wall wart DC low
current power supply in series with  relay coil and the Kenwood keying
circuit.

Hope this helps.

George AH6BV/1