FS: NIB Heath HD-1780 IntelliRotor

Terry Perdue terryp at HALCYON.COM
Thu Oct 28 16:20:51 EDT 1999

Heath fans -

This was the last product I designed while working for Heath and, in fact,
was the last real Heath-designed ham product they offered. This particular
one was the last of three they still had in stock when I visited for Heath's
50 year reunion a couple years ago. Dave Poplewski, who was ham product line
manager when the product came out, grabbed the other two, as the idea for it
was his. We share a patent on it, and I'm rather proud of the way it turned
out.

Anyway, I'm not an active ham, nor do I have room for or interest in putting
up a tower, so why leave a neat product in the box, unused? So... I'm
offering it to the highest bidder, and I'll use the money to buy some new
toy I WILL use! I know that some people here get upset when something is
offered for highest bid, but it's hard to price nostalgia, so I'll let the
market determine the value. Best offer received in the next week or so takes
it. If anyone is interested, but isn't real familiar with it, I can send
specs - in fact, I may have some manual documentation on disk.

BTW, It also comes with remote control software for the PC (kinda nifty, but
it doesn't add any features that aren't built in). Also - there are no
obsolete or hard to find parts in this unit, and I can support it should
anything fail.

Thanks,

Terry Perdue K8TP

Sponsored by the City of Tempe