HW-8/9 question

Fred Finster Fred_Finster at EL.NEC.COM
Tue Sep 14 20:41:24 EDT 1999

Tim,

I used a DCC (digital clock / counter) with the  HW-8  on 40M that had a VFO
frequency of 8.2Mhz  down.
The DCC worked dead on frequency when compared to the  Kenwood TS-820
digital Display.  When the
TS-820 said the frequency was 7.250.   The DCC said the frequency was 250.0.
Push 1 button and
you can read the megahertz 4 digit frequency of 7.250.   The normal display
MSB is 100Khz digit.
You know what band you are own don't you? :>)

The DCC
supports 31 other frequency offsets.  ( ie whether the VFO is subtractive or
additive),
by using a 5 bit binary input switch.  Sometimes one of those binary SCSI
selector switches would
give you about 7 choices.

Four pushbuttons provide a very simple way to access all the features of the
Clock/Counter.
   Push one button to show the time.
   Push another to display Megahertz (make sure you're on the correct
band!).
   Two more buttons make it easy to program any of the 31 frequency offsets
or set the UTC clock to the correct time.

See BlueSky Engineering Web page
http://www.fix.net/~jparker/blusky/ccd.htm  $35 dollars for a digital
dial.

I have bought two of them.  I used one with an Old Swan Cygnet 260 80-10 and
was real pleased with the operation.
Can use it as a straight 32Mhz frequency counter for other radio projects.

Fred Finster  WB7ODY
e-mail:  Fred_Finster at el.nec.com  Web Site  http://members.aol.com/fredf/
Tech Staff Engineer  (408) 588-5726  FAX (408) 588-5464
NEC Electronics Windows CE Architecture Labs
2880 Scott Blvd.  M/S SC2202
PO BOX  58062
Santa Clara  CA 95052-8062
ps.  6 Meter regen rig  at  http://home.earthlink.net/~fred_finster/
      old HeathKit crystal radio CR-1 scanned schematic at
http://hometown.aol.com/beaglebaly/index.html