HW-101 VFO Frequency Shifts

Robert P. Okas vintage at BEST.COM
Fri Apr 21 15:49:23 EDT 2000

Hi Mike & gang,

    I've repaired at least two HW-101 VFOs with this problem. There's no
need to disassemble the VFO. The problem lies in the VFO shift trimmer.
This is a compression cap that is accessable on the top cover. Note the
position of the screw head and then turn the screw 1/2 turn in both
directions. A tough dog problem might require disassembly and puff or two
of air into the cap to dislodge any dust/dirt that may have accumulated.

Good Luck,
Bob - W3CD

Listserver Submissions:  heath at listserv.tempe.gov