next project

Bob Meyer Rascal at UTEC.NET
Wed Apr 26 14:23:02 EDT 2000

I got my next amp out heath kit I but cheap needind some work.
just pulled manual out.
I thought it was a KW-1 but it is a SB 1000.I did rember 1000.I am always using 1K.sorry about the mistake before.

I am in need of a 3-500Z tube.
Which brand will work the best?
I can still run this amp with reduced drive.
only getting 450 watts on best tune with out clipping.
also the input VSWR is 2.1 at best.
I am using a HW-101 and SB 1400 rigs to drive it.

I put the HV probe on my scope and power supply filters are OK just a small ripple.
Any Idea when this SB 1000 was made?
I doen't know how 3-500Z was killed.
but buy the very heavy dust inside I see a lot of hours on this amp.
Even the fan is noisy.need to replace it.
Will look threw cat's for one.
If any one knows a place for a blower for SB 1000 let me know.

also any one here know when the ERIE ham fest in PA is??

73's
Robert