sb-104 extension board update

mike bryce prosolar at SSSNET.COM
Tue Aug 15 22:27:59 EDT 2000

boys and girls!

Nope, have not forgotten about the sb-104 extension project. Here's an
update

the art work is done. will be sending it out for a prototype this coming
week.

mike shelton is working with a guy that is reproducing the connector pins
and sockets. If this falls through, I have a work around solution. Mike says
the connectors should be ready to go by end of the September.

The LED display board will be forth coming as soon as Doug Shield sends me
the updated artwork. Look for that soon, too

Better news!

Since I had the basic artwork done for the extension board, I have reworked
the REG/TX audio board! Updated the +5 and +11 volt regulators so you can
use off the shelf LM317 regulators instead of the MFC6030 ones heath used.
Art work done and prototypes to be made with the extension board. Also
improved the +T switching transistor and added jumpers to select hi or low
impedance mics. Oh yes, also added a jumper to enhance the low end audio
response on tx. yes, been a busy boy.

Even better news!

Will be reworking the front end board and the IF audio board. These two will
have upgraded circuits to reflect the many modifications made to the basic
design over the year. These will be winter project due to the complexity of
the design.

Cost??

Depends on the amount of the board run. The extension board and REG/TX audio
are the same size. I have had quotes from $5 to $21 per board, again
 depending on options (silk screen, solder mask so on) and quanity of order.

--
Mike Bryce WB8VGE
SunLight Energy Systems