The movie "Frequency"

Jack Crenshaw jcrens at EARTHLINK.NET
Sun Dec 17 17:53:44 EST 2000

Lee Blaske wrote:

> Frequency was a great movie. I saw it in a theater (great to see an
> SB-301 on a big screen) and must admit I got a little misty.
>
> I was surprised, however, that the shack wasn't bigger, incorporating
> more equipment. It seems to me that a larger set up would have given
> more cinematographic opportunities. At the very least, an SB-610 and
> SB-620 would have been nice.
>
> Then again, if the rig was too complex, it might have been hard for
> the son to figure it out.

Exactly so.  Recall that the "shack" wasn't set up all those years.  Rather, they found
the "transceiver" in the father's old trunk.  All they did was carry it to the desk and
plug it in.  Unrealistic though it might be, it would have been confusing and distracting
to either have them spend a lot of time figuring out which plug went where, or
remembering so much about the rig as to get it right from memory.

Jack

Listserver Submissions: heath at listserv.tempe.gov