The movie "Frequency"

Jim Gelbort jamesgelbort at WORLDNET.ATT.NET
Sun Dec 17 19:07:43 EST 2000

Jack Crenshaw wrote:

>Exactly so.  Recall that the "shack" wasn't set up all those years.  Rather, they found
>the "transceiver" in the father's old trunk.  All they did was carry it to the desk and
>plug it in.  Unrealistic though it might be, it would have been confusing and distracting
>to either have them spend a lot of time figuring out which plug went where, or
>remembering so much about the rig as to get it right from memory.

I can see it now: which LV setting to use on the HP-23A, locating an 11-pin socket to fix the power supply cable, etc.
All the more reason to use an SB-301...
And let's not get started on the antenna-related issues.

The movie was fun, though, and one of the few interesting family films out there (if your kids are teenagers).

Jim N9WW

Listserver Submissions: heath at listserv.tempe.gov