SB-101 Transmit Distortion Problem

Mark Johnson/Ontario/IBM mjohnson at CA.IBM.COM
Sun Dec 17 19:49:03 EST 2000

Hello Heath Team;

Once again I'm turning to this team for some ideas...

I have an SB-101 (I have referred to this in the past as the SB-101 from
hell), that has a slight distortion on SSB. The on air reports are that it
seems to be clipping or just slightly distorted.

I put an AF generator on it today and scoped through the audio pre-amp
stages etc. and I see clean audio right up to the input of the 6AU6
Isolation amp (V2). Audio looks clean out of the balanced modulator.
Voltages along the path look good. The receiver, CW transmit functions are
all fine...Just reports of slightly distorted audio on SSB. Bias is
adjusted as per manual, there are no other symptoms...

I'm out of ideas at this point.....Thoughts from the Team???

Tnx and Best of The Season to All!!

Mark V. Johnson
Service Delivery Branch Manager
Metro Banking & DPM Profession