Responding to list messages

Brian Carling bcarling at CFL.RR.COM
Mon Dec 25 08:47:43 EST 2000

On 25 Dec 2000, at 4:48, Debby and Dave Anderson wrote:

> When you hit reply, your message goes only to the originator (the
> person who's address appears in the 'To:' field. That way, you can
> respond 'off line' directly to the person who sent the message (for
> things like for sale postings).

You are assuming that he is using a certain program that you use.

My guess is that it is Microsoft Outlook.

However, in other mail programs such as Eudora and Pegasus
(and there are many others in use too) - you can have it configured
to reply various different choices - for example the previous FROM,
ALL RECIPIENTS, REPLY TO, or TO address(es) and you get
numerous options. You can send to a combination of the above.

I do not use Outlook for security reasons, and heartily recommend
the other programs, most of which are freeware or shareware.

I find myself far less confused and annoyed by Pegasus, than what
I see everyone else feeling who uses Outlook on these lists.

I hope that helps someone.

Visit the Knight Kit Bulletin Board at:
http://pluto.beseen.com/boardroom/t/18370/

Listserver Submissions: heath at listserv.tempe.gov