Responding to list messages

Mike Morris morris at COGENT.NET
Tue Dec 26 22:50:22 EST 2000

Any Microsoft product is a target, not just Outlook and Outlook Express.
Look at all the viruses out there that attack the file system.  And
with MS admitting that hackers have acquired the source code for
Windows, we will eventually see viruses that attack the operating
system directly.

I use Eudora Pro as a mailer because it is probably the best mailer
around, and you can get it for FREE.
I paid $50 for the Pro version I have, which at under $60 is a real
bargain for what you get.  It is available for both PC and Mac.

Eudora Pro is an outgrowth of the Pegasus mailer for unix - in fact
the mailbox and index files are identical.
I have yet to see a malicious email attachment that attacks Eudora.
Attacking Windows, yes, but Eudora, no.

I have my copy currently configured to drain a half dozen mailboxes,
including two at Yahoo.

At one time I was webmaster for 15 X-rated web sites and Eudora Pro
had no trouble handling 45 additional mailboxes (webmaster@, sales@
and info@ for each site).
The "filters" function includes forwarding facilities, and the mail
from the sales@ and info@ were auto-forwarded as soon as it came in.

Mike