Wiring up a D-104 - UNBUILT

Jack Cantrell jack_cantrell at YAHOO.COM
Thu Dec 28 22:42:07 EST 2000

Picture (if you will) an Astatic D-104 - unamplified,
and wired to a Heathkit style 2 pin connector by a
chimpanzee.

If I had to fix this thing, and never mind how it got
that way, which tab connects to pin 1 and which tab
connects to pin 2 of the connector?  Assuming, of
course, that the underside of the mike looks like:

T T T  *  T T  *  T T
A A A     A A     A A
B B B     B B     B B

Also assume that pins one and two are as shown on page
95 of the SB-401 manual, and that our chimp is not
colorblind.  We make no other claims as to our chimp's
abilities.

It may help to think of this D-104 as being partially
unbuilt, or perhaps de-built, by our aforementioned
expert in errant disassembly,

Jack

ab0ox at arrl.net