Heathkits from hell--your worst one ever

mike bryce prosolar at SSSNET.COM
Sun Dec 31 12:07:06 EST 2000

with talk about eico vs heath, like most of you, i've burnt a lot of solder
in my day building heathkits. Of all of the one that I've put together, only
one realyl sucked. IT really was the "heathkit from Hell"

And that honor goes to "the remote tap switch"

basically a silver disk connected to a small black box via a small wire
several feet long. you tapped the disk and a lamp plugged into the black box
would turn on, dim or go out depending on how many taps you tapped on the
silver disk.

It worked, somewhat, but never, never like it was suppose to. It spend more
time on the work bench than on the wall..

everyone have  a great new year!

--
Mike Bryce WB8VGE
SunLight Energy Systems