EICO quality

bob Wier wier at CALCITE.ROCKY.EDU
Sun Dec 31 12:26:52 EST 2000

>I had an Eico VTVM, also.  It was also very good.

I had a bad experience with a VTVM, although I'm not sure I'd lay it at
the door of EICO. When I got the unit together it didn't work. When
I took it apart to troubleshoot, it did (God save me from intermittants!).
It took literally years to find the problem. It turned out that one
section of the hook up wire had an internal break while showing no signs
in the insulation (no, I didn't nick it with wire cutters). With all
the kits I built, this was the only time it happened.

I still have it on my bench - so 30+ years service isn't too bad.
I *would* have built a 753 radio, but couldn't afford it in comparison
with Heath, plus the drifty reputation kept me from attempting it.

73's

de WB5KXH

de Bob W.

Listserver Submissions: heath at listserv.tempe.gov