Off Topic: Knight T-150 Transmitter

Brian Carling bcarling at CFL.RR.COM
Sat Dec 30 11:58:48 EST 2000

Hey Ray,

With a little work you can have a great sounding station with that
Knight pair. There is nothing wrong with them that can't be
corrected with some effort.

The modulation scheme needs improving, but both can be done.
There ARE screen grid modulation schemes that sound good on
the air. The DX-60 is a great example of that.

Why not copy the circuitry of the Heath DX-60 and work on
improving the audio passband with some capacitor changes, etc.?

The VFO may need some stabilizing and TLC.

Heck you could run an external VFO like the VF-1 or even an HG-
10B Heathkit! I like the HG-10B in many ways.

There are tips on how to do these things in the old magazines and
even on some web sites.

If you run it crystal controlled on 50.4 MHz AM, you will get fine
stability, and impress the heck out of the guys on the other end
since most of them will be running QRP. I think if I were you I
would change the finals to 6146es too.

Really good project for icy winter evenings!

Listserver Submissions: heath at listserv.tempe.gov