HR-10 Circuitry

wa1vwl wa1vwl at GROLEN.COM
Thu Feb 3 19:32:02 EST 2000

That doesn't sound right. I'm looking at my HR-10 schematic and pin 1 of V3,
a 6BA6 is the grid. Pin 6 is the screen. Nothing unusual there. I've checked
against the RCA tube manual to make sure and they all agree.

-----Original Message-----
From: Heathkit Owners and Collectors List
[mailto:HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV]On Behalf Of Mark S Graalman
Sent: Wednesday, February 02, 2000 8:18 PM
To: HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV
Subject: HR-10 Circuitry

  Hi All,

  I have a question, I hope its not a dumb one! I was casually looking
at the diagram tonight of the HR-10 receiver and I saw something I
never noticed before, The first I.F. stage is a 6BA6 and they have it
wired with G1 (control grid) as the screen and G2 (screen grid) as the
control grid. I looked at the under chassis pictorials and the actual
wiring
and it is not an error in the manual. Can anyone shed any light as to why
this
was done? Seems to me the physical placing of the grids would be the
supressor closest to the plate, then the screen, then the control grid
closest
to the cathode, and if that's the case this configuration would put the
screen
in between the acting control grid and the cathode! I REALLY hope this
ain't
a dumb question BUT............

Mark  WB8JKR

Sponsored by the City of Tempe