H.B. AM Filter...

Edward Swynar VE3CUI gswynar at DURHAM.NET
Sun Jan 2 10:01:43 EST 2000

Well, I came, I saw...I got conquered! The experiment with a homebrewed,
wider AM filter for my SB-301 is a FAILURE!

I initially tried a design with a single IF transformer on the input side
of the pair of crystals, and then TWO transformers (both ahead of, and
behind, the crystals)---in both instances, the sensitivity of the rig went
WAY down...

The proof of the pudding, though, was listening on the 15-MHz BC band: the
strongest AM BC signals practically blotted out the whole range of the
tuning dial! For a second or two, it reminded me of my regenerative
receiver...

I guess I'll just be on the look-out now for one of those rare SB-310 AM
filters---anyone want to buy a pair of nearly-new, custom cut crystals
appropriately spaced from the IF from me to help with the downpayment,
should I find one...?! Hi Hi.

~73~ Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ

Sponsored by the City of Tempe

Listserver Submissions:  heath at listserv.tempe.gov