that "other" place

Ray Friess rayfri at INQUO.NET
Sat Jan 8 01:24:58 EST 2000

This is the Heath forum and I know should be kept to Heath and
related items.  So, I'm only going to say something like this only
once.  Hope you'll all bear with me.
   Thanks to you all for being the way you are...
   Been watching that "other" place for a few days.  Even registered
and made a few bids...  Getting disgusted.  Items I've seen at
hamfests (Knight r-100 receiver for instance and some Heath items) that
I've always wanted, including lots of Heath stuff is being outrageously
bid on.
   Going to give up on it and stay with the "civilized" folks
here.  At least you all have  your feet on solid ground, not your
heads up ...... in the air.  (You thought I was going to say
something else didnt you?)
     It's one thing to want to get the most out of an old rig, it's
quite another to be just damned greedy and unrealistic.  Sometimes
getting the most means we get it to another ham who can still make use
of it or salvage it.  To get someone's hopes up and then have the carrot
yanked away seems to be just plain un-hamlike.
     Pleasure doing business with everyone here.
     There ...  said my peace.  Now I'll shut up and look forward
to the stuff of dreams (Heathkit of course) showing up here where
if I lose out... at least I will feel I did so fairly and to someone
who likes the stuff as much as I do, wants his fellow ham to enjoy
something he or she can't use anymore or will help another person out
and isnt just trying to make a quick buck.
     If I wanted to pay full retail... and could afford to ..
I gladly would.  I know retailers have to make money, but there are
some places that dont need to act like retail shops.
     Thanks again all of you...
     Ray  WA7ITZ

Sponsored by the City of Tempe

Listserver Submissions:  heath at listserv.tempe.gov