that "other" place

Stewart Lyon stu_w6cux at JUNO.COM
Sat Jan 8 02:48:28 EST 2000

I have tried to buy gear many times on this reflector only to get a "sri
- all sold". I can only read the email listings in the evenings and by
that time it's too late. At least on eBay (there, I've said it) I get a
chance to bid. I have lost a lot of bids but I've also got some pretty
deals. I usually look for non-working but cosmetically good equipment
that I think I can fix. I've gotten pretty good at fixing SB-401s!! One
of these days I've got to start selling them off. (Is four too many??)

I agree that some stuff goes for unbelievably prices but nobody sez you
have to continue to bid. Just bid what you feel the stuff is worth then
go away. Sometimes you may get it for less, most times you will be
outbid. But at least you had a chance.

That's my $.02 on eBay. Now back to studying element 4B.

73, Stu W6CUX

On Fri, 7 Jan 2000 22:23:40 -0800 Bob <wolfbob at CSNSYS.COM> writes:
>Wake up and look around...there are 388 Heathkit items on unowhere and
>6
>here each week.
>
>Bob
>
>Steve Harrison wrote:
>>
>> At 10:24 PM 2000-01-07 -0800, Ray Friess wrote:
>> >This is the Heath forum and I know should be kept to Heath and
>> >related items.  So, I'm only going to say something like this only
>> >once.  Hope you'll all bear with me.
>> [snip]
>>
>> YAY!!!! Hey Ray, you running for prexy by any chance? :O)))))) This
>is what
>> I've been trying to say for over a year now; in one fell-stroke,
>you've
>> managed to exemplify my feelings about xXxx and its sellers
>precisely. Nuff
>> said; there's already another war going on over mentioning this xXxx
>farce
>> on the qth.net reflectors.
>>
>> 73, Steve K0XP

Sponsored by the City of Tempe