Help w/HW-101

Joe joeamp at MINDSPRING.COM
Wed Jan 12 01:08:38 EST 2000

Assuming the wiring is correct, no open plate resistors
Get out a scope  (or spend hours with the manual measurements)
Check all oscillators, and plate voltages

I would start with the mixer injection points.

1-Start with the VFO first 6EA8 1st mixer injection point at V-5 pin 7
2-Check heterodyne oscillator injection point V6 pin 2
3- Carrier osc (BFO function on receive) is V 13 pin 9 (Product detector)

I use a long tip probe on to the sockets (remove Shield) from top of radio
It a start
Regards Joe
  -----Original Message-----
  From: Jerry Kitterman <jerry at OTHERSIDE.COM>
  To: HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV <HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV>
  Date: Tuesday, January 11, 2000 11:25 PM
  Subject: Help w/HW-101

  Gang,

  Just acquired an HW-101 today with problems.  It has audio output but no signals present.  Output does not vary on any band nor does it change (peak) with the preselector.  Also, no rf output that I could see but I just tried it on one band (relay did work).

  The troubleshooting chart in the manual is so broad that I just thought perhaps someone on the list might just know what to look for first before really getting into it.  TIA very much.

  73
  Jerry
  W9CTB               I have checked the tubes in this rig and all appear ok by my checker.