11 pin plugs etc.

Keith Harvey kharvey at AMTELECOM.CA
Fri Jan 21 16:53:27 EST 2000

Walt yatzook was looking for the 11 pin plug used in Heath PS..

I have had good success with using P&B or Kurmelec relays. These have an 11 pin male base mounted on a nice looking plastic case that contains the relay (used in a/c or appliance switching) and fits the Heath stuff perfectly. The case can be used as the "cap" after the relay guts are removed. The socket for these relays is usually easy to find at an airconditioning/ heating shop. I found my relay/ socket at a surplus house and bought the two along with a new Hammond cabinet for 10 bucks.

Another solution is to use some brass or copper rod stock for pins, use a small pill jar or a 35mm plastic film canister as a form, run the cable through the form, solder the wires to the pins (using the socket as a template), fill the pill bottle with epoxy, place the pill bottle over the asembly and hey presto!, an instant plug. Just don't stick the bottle cap plug to the socket!

Cheers

Keith