heathkit

Ray Friess rayfri at NETWORLD.COM
Wed Jul 12 18:45:00 EDT 2000

I got my first license (Novice) back in the late 60s.  Heath was the
poor man's Collins and I drooled over the ads and dreamed of the day
I could have a Heath.  Heath was and is still great gear, and I have
lots of it still in my shack and always will.
     I second the sentiments of the writer below.  Most new hams
seem to be trashing the capabilities and reputation of a brand name
they know little or nothing about.
     I've found that theres very few of us left today that remember
the glow of a filament, or the excitement of trying to load some piece
of wire, a window screen, a set of bed springs, or whatever else came
into our imaginations.  THAT we could do with tubes and a pi network..
you cant do that with most gear nowdays.
     AND, I might remind some of you that during DESERT STORM, the
military had to put away the solid state stuff and bring out the old
TUBE Collins gear in order to communicate because of noise and other
problems caused by all the sand storms.
     DONT KNOCK WHAT YOU HAVENT EVER TRIED...
my 4 cents worth..
 Ray  wa7itz

Listserver Submissions: heath at listserv.tempe.gov