The importance of Heath

Chuck W4MIL CEMILTON at AOL.COM
Wed Jul 12 19:22:52 EDT 2000

Gentlemen all:

Much discussion on the merits of Heath this week and it compels me to present
the following:

For those of you who, obviously, are Heath experts ( how else would you know
how sorry this stuff is) and who still subscribe to the list--------------
PUT THAT JUNK OUT IN FRONT OF US AND LET US TAKE IT OFF YOUR HANDS!!!!!!!!!!!

Get rid of your worries and troubles and save the rest of humanity from
listening to your opinions about "why Heath went out of business" or "how
overpriced and sorry this gear really is"!!!!!!!!!   SELL THE STUFF to US
---------------- Those who appreciate where it came from and how many
wonderful hours of enjoyment of our HOBBY this stuff has provided.  Your
equipment should be priced lower than that found on a rainy day at a mediocre
hamfest in the middle of podunk.....  Save yourself from Tagamet or a
Coronary -------- get that bad stuff out of your system!!!!!!!

I own a bunch of Heath, Collins, Drake and other items which each have their
place in history..............  Yep, some are better than others but what
else do you expect?

Gimme my Heath stuff for fun, relaxation, appreciation, enjoyment and pride
in not only building it but repairing it and keeping it on the air in the
21st Century.  The Monday morning quarterbacks should get a life!!!!!!1

And about UPS??????  Pack it in double boxes with plenty of padding and it
will usually arrive o.k.!!!!!   Try to cheat the hangman and put peanuts
around a 25 pound piece of metal in a flimsy box and the buyer will most
likely be disappointed.

No rocket science in the above opinions..............  Its called common
sense (UPS) and just plain interest in the hobby if Heath is something you
really care about.  If there was a better position for Heath, Inc. to take
prior to leaving the kit business why didn't you (the dissentors) take it up
with Heath at the time????? They might have taken your insight and still been
in business today!!!!!!!!!

Sign me a Heath devotee who makes the stuff work, ON THE AIR, and who loves
the challenge of keeping the green stuff alive for future generations.  My
oldest piece of Heath history is from the mid-30's when old Ed himself was
putting radios together for the cockpits of small aircraft in an effort to
bolster his real dream ------KIT AIRPLANES.  In case you didn't hear the
news, he died in an experimental plane crash long before his successors took
the WWII surplus stuff and started HeathKit.....

(If anyone has some documentation on my Heath HT-4 receiver, please contact
me)

Thanx for the BW and since I'm a Novice (leave the expertise to Penson and
others)
I will offer that your mileage may vary.

Have a nice Heathkit day, fellow enthusiasts!!!!!!!!

73 de W4MIL

Chuck

Listserver Submissions: heath at listserv.tempe.gov