Power Supply Cable Specs

W. Edwin Lambert, Jr. ma.locksmith at JUNO.COM
Thu Jul 13 09:59:49 EDT 2000

There's nothing in either of the manuals except for the Heath part number
(347-18).  However, by disassembling the end on the cable I have here,
this is what is original:

It is an 8 conductor cable with two AWG 16 wires and six AWG 20 wires.
The large size wire is used on the filament circuit.  There is no direct
equivalent in the current Belden catalog.  The only "close" item is #9405
which has two AWG 16 and six AWG 18.  This is a larger diameter (0.345 vs
0.270) but would still fit the connector covers.

This cable is suggested for use with antenna rotors and has a suggested
working voltage of 200 volts, which may be a problem.  The insulation is
PVC as is the jacket.  The PVC temperature range is from -20 deg C to
plus 80 deg C.  I can't find a vorking voltage max for PVC.

Ed Lambert
K1ZOK

Listserver Submissions: heath at listserv.tempe.gov