Heath HW-9 FS (both built and kit)

Dave Kelley ai7r at PRESENCEKNOWN.COM
Thu Jul 13 09:46:55 EDT 2000

Greetings,

I have a couple of HW-9s that need a good home.  For those of you who have
never used an HW-9, it's a real nice radio.  After Heath designed the HW-7
and HW-8 they had a pretty good following and reputation for their QRP rigs.
The HW-9 is a far cry from its earlier cousins however with a lot of
features the larger rigs had.  The kit involves two full size boards and
some of it is packed pretty tight.

One is fully assembled, works great, and has the power supply, SWR Bridge,
and Antenna Tuner that go with it.  This one was built by one of the better
kit builders from the looks of it.  There are pictures of the assembled one
here: (Hi speed access?  Go here http://www.presenceknown.com/hw9 )

http://www.presenceknown.com/hw9/built1.jpg
http://www.presenceknown.com/hw9/built2.jpg
http://www.presenceknown.com/hw9/built3.jpg
http://www.presenceknown.com/hw9/built4.jpg
http://www.presenceknown.com/hw9/built5.jpg

The kit comes with everything in the box and also have the WARC band kit.
The kit can either be a dream come true of being able to build a Heath,
either again or for the first time.  Or, if you're getting older like me,
you can built it again for the first time. (grin)  It's a pretty good
investment if you can keep it in kit form, but it works better built of
course.  That challenge would be yours.

http://www.presenceknown.com/hw9/kit1.jpg
http://www.presenceknown.com/hw9/kit2.jpg
http://www.presenceknown.com/hw9/kit3.jpg
http://www.presenceknown.com/hw9/kit4.jpg

I'm accepting offers.  I'm asking $300 for assembled unit and $450 for the
kit.  If there is another price that makes us both smile, I'm open to
suggestions.  As an example, $20 would make one of us point and laugh...a
little one sided.  And the assembled one will sell as a complete bundle
unless someone wants to buy only the HW-9.

And yes, it IS hard to own a Heath in kit form. (grin)

73

Dave
AI7R

Listserver Submissions: heath at listserv.tempe.gov