confused on Heath "quality"

Chuck W4MIL CEMILTON at AOL.COM
Thu Jul 13 20:22:36 EDT 2000

In a message dated 07/13/2000 4:14:46 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
bcrowell at EXCITE.COM writes:

<< Oh, and to those of you who suggested I give my crappy old Heath gear to
you
 rather than complaining about it: that wouldn't be any fun!  I'm going to
 put it in a pile on the patio, pour some barbecue starter fluid on it, and
 torch it.  Much more satisfying!
 In closing, would you like me to tell you about the problems I had with my
 DX-100B?  How about the AA-100 amplifier whose circuit boards melted and
 couldn't be fixed?  Maybe my HW-2036A which had synthesizer whine only about
 10db down from the audio, which could never be cured despite several mods
 installed by Heath?  I think we have the makings of a really great new
 thread here!  Bill Crowell, N6AYJ >>

Proves my point exactly!!!!!!

Some are talented enough to fix them and others can't see any resolution but
to make BBQ fixins!  I own Collins, Drake, Kenwood, Heath, Ameco,
Hallicrafters and a variety of Military gear --------- all has been enjoyably
fixable and usable.  No complaints on any of it.  So, the offer is out again.
 If its Heath angst that has you down, I'll trade a pack of Tagamet and two
bottles of Excedrin for a "broken, no good, sorry piece of ham gear that
should never have been manufactured in the first place".

GET THAT ANNOYING STUFF OUT OF YOUR HOUSE!!!!!!!!

E-Mail me collect!!!!!!    I can help!   No additional threads needed here.
Its not a technical discussion when one HATES the items he spent his hard
earned money on.  Relief is just a swallow away................

Best 73 to all on the Heath list

W4MIL

Chuck

Listserver Submissions: heath at listserv.tempe.gov