Heathkit, eBay, and Auctions in General

Chris Trask ctrask at PRIMENET.COM
Fri Jul 21 10:28:29 EDT 2000

Gang,
        Okay, I've sat here and read all of this dribble about some
people being upset with Heathkit offerings on eBay being posted to
the group.  I'm going to say the same thing here as I have on the
forsale newsgroups.

        I myself really do not have the time to go through eBay and
other sites to look for equipment, books, manuals, and parts that I
need or would like to have around.  I can tell you of a number of times
where I have become aware of a needed item by way of someone else making
mention of something they saw someplace.

        Making it know to the group that a Heathkit item is available
on eBay is, in my view, no different than having the exact same item
offered for sale right here alone.  And there is absolutley nothing
illegal in doing so.

        If you don't like what someone has posted in terms of an item
available on eBay or the newsgroups, just hit the "delete" key.  Those
of you who wish to diminish the enjoyment of our hobby by creating a
conflict where none needs to be created are welcome to take your attitude
elsewhere.

Chris

On Fri, 21 Jul 2000, canfield wrote:

> Unless your a Judge or Lawyer, you need to be careful with the scare tactic
> of calling something illegal! Your leaving yourself open to possible
> trouble.
>
> If illegal....then I recommend reading ebay's "sellers" tips.
>
> Advertising an auction is illegal? Then there is a whole lot of illegal
> activity in Newspapers, TV, internet, the web and radio!
>
> I thought this list dealt with Heathkit...period! All this illegal and self
> righteous talk needs to be taken to Lawyer.com !
>
> signed,
> The supposed guilty party

     ,----------------------.       High Performance Mixers and
    /    What's all this     \    Amplifiers for RF Communications
   / extinct stuff, anyhow?  /
   \  _______,--------------'           Chris Trask / N7ZWY
  _ |/                                  Principal Engineer
 oo\                                  Sonoran Radio Research
(__)\       _                             P.O. Box 25240
  \  \    .'  `.                     Tempe, Arizona 85285-5240
    \  '"        \                     IEEE Member #40274515
      '-| )__| :.  \                 Email: ctrask at primenet.com
        | |  | | \  '.            http://www.primenet.com/~ctrask

                       Graphics by Loek Frederiks

Listserver Submissions: heath at listserv.tempe.gov