Testing 6146B/8298A with a 177/b

mike bryce prosolar at SSSNET.COM
Mon Jul 31 12:26:35 EDT 2000

marco....

tube testers are great if you want to find a really dead tube in the set.
The best way is by subing  in a new pair ( i.e. another set new or used) and
see what happens.

now, dig out the vom and check for +800 on the plate caps
then dig around the cathode resistors. make sure they are within specs. Too
high and the tubes won't conduct.

check the bias. it should be about 60 ma in tx with no drive. Too much bias
and the tubes will be cutoff

check for continuity in the RF chokes in and around the cathodes.

and of course, try subing out the driver. You got to have enough bang going
into get more bang going out.

--
Mike Bryce WB8VGE
SunLight Energy Systems