Double Balanced Mixer Diodes for SB-104A

Gerald C. Lemay wa1vwl at GROLEN.COM
Thu Jun 8 19:46:36 EDT 2000

I haven't used them on the SB-104 but I've used those diodes on a number
of projects and they're a vast improvement over germaniums. You'll have
to retune the balanced modulator. You might find that you'll have too
much capacity on one of the adjustments, so you may have to substitute a
lower value trimmer and/or padder capacitor. If you have them on hand,
definitely give them a try.