SB-301 AM tuning

Gerald C. Lemay wa1vwl at GROLEN.COM
Thu Jun 8 19:58:00 EDT 2000

I'm not sure if you really do have a problem but be aware that the AM
filter on the SB series receivers is very sharp. In fact, too sharp for
good AM reception. When you tune across an AM signal, it will sound very
bassy and muddy until you tune off to one side a little bit. The SB-310
had a much better filter. This topic was covered here before. someone
had info on how to build one.