E-Bay

Malcolm Leonard rosinfumes at YAHOO.COM
Fri Jun 9 17:45:00 EDT 2000

 The reason why collectors get upset about what other people pay for things has to do with the psychology that underlies collecting.Collectors of anything are essentially restless souls who calm their inner cravings via the collecting process.

There is a kind of secutity to be found in being surrounded with things  that a person loves.A certain item is collected and that creates a nice feeling.A drive is developed to keep on feeding that nice feeling through more and more collecting.In many ways it is no different ((with many people..not all) than an addiction.

When the going prices for the items that quiet the addiction  go through the roof,the addicted collector becomes very nervous,because his essential security is being threatened.He sees things that he wants and needs to calm his craving and he fears he will not  be able to aquire them in the future because they are  being priced beyond his reach.This results in fear,envy and anger and he expresses his concern in forums such as this one.The reason he chooses this and other similar forums is because there are other collectors here who will understand his fears and empathize (he hopes) with him.

Head shrinkers charge a hundred and fifty bucks an hour for this kind of information.Remember,you got it absolutely free,right here.

I have to leave the computer,now so I can go and admire my own collection of stuff...it makes me feel good!

Malcolm Leonard

PHILLIPS FAMILY
wrote:

Why do you people care so much what someone pays for something?
Don't you have enought to worry about, it's their money.
Tired
hearing about it.