R-100A

reds1964 reds1964 at NETZERO.NET
Mon Jun 12 06:39:45 EDT 2000

Hi All,

I know this is kind of non-Heath,but I really need some help on this one. I know some of you guys collect other brands of equipment,namely Knight kit. While I was aligning my R-100A receiver the slug in L-10,the band B mixer coil,seized up and when I attempted to free it the coil began turning in it's base and broke the wires loose and unrolled some of the turns off of the coil. I finally got the fractured slug out but I mauled the coil form badly,the slug is in pieces. So,I really guess I need another L-10 from the RF board,or if necessary the whole board. Failing that,I guess I could make due with a new slug and I could attempt to repair the coil. Any help at all would be greatly,greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Carl